WHAT IS LEARNSTORM?
LearnStorm is Khan Academy’s free, global program that gives teachers a fun way to help students gain skills, foster growth mindsets, and build teamwork. It is a collaborative, tech-enabled storm of learning that the whole class can get involved in regardless of their level!
Running successfully in the US and other countries since 2015. Launched in India in 2018 and heading into the third edition.
Filled with learning & excitement and lots of rewards and recognition for participants.
LearnStorm 2020 Program Design
- Open to all students from classes 3-12.
- School administrators/ teachers have to nominate classes that will participate in this challenge. There is no restriction on the number of classes that can participate.
- Classes can participate in ANY OF THE multiple subjects except for Official SAT Practice available on Khan Academy.
- Nominated classes will compete with each other on completing assignments CONTRIBUTORY TO THEIR LEARNING GOALS over 3 months.
- Progress of classes in the competition OF THE ASSIGNMENTS PICKED BY THEIR TEACHER IN LINE WITH THEIR LEARNING GOALS can be tracked through the LearnStorm tracker on the teacher dashboard.
Khan Academy content
LearnStorm fully utilizes the world-class Khan Academy content library. You can choose resources from our huge selection of articles, videos, and exercises across a variety of subjects—not just math!
The LearnStorm tracker
This animated tracker will surprise you. It’s caused students of all ages around the world to fall out of their chairs, floss furiously, and jump for joy! As your whole class completes assignments together, the tracker fills in and unlocks surprises!
Jump-start learning by helping your students understand how their brains work and how they can better set themselves up for success. We’ve created a full growth mindset curriculum with experts from PERTS
, a Stanford-based research group.